[Asterisk-Users] Snom firmwares suck

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Fri May 19 06:14:27 MST 2006

Interesting, I've never had a screen just die on me. Are you saying that the
screen just stops working?

As for firmware, I've always found that the best way to deal with
problematic firmware is to talk to the company about it. Especially in a
scenario like you're in, where everyone else seems happy with the firmware.
It's very likely that Snom may not be aware of the problems you are
experiencing. I can't say that I've ever had a Snom reboot in the middle of
a conversation. I don't think my phones have ever just rebooted when I
haven't asked them to. I would certainly talk to Snom about this.

Alex

On 5/19/06, Remco Barende <asterisk at barendse.to> wrote:

> Most people seem quite positive about Snom phones, I cannot share this
> opinion.
>
> The displays are dying quite often, and firmware is buggy. I have tried
> every firmware from 4.5 up to 5.x and 6.04 but keep having problems with
> phones locking up or rebooting during an ongoing conversation.
>
> REALLY annoying for a phone that is advertised / targeted as a business
> class phone

Alex Robar
alex.robar at gmail.com