[Asterisk-Users] Office to Office via IAX2 problems

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Mon May 22 12:57:45 MST 2006

SInce you say it was working, I am assuming that both officea.kicks-ass.netand
officeb.kicks-ass.net resolves to the real IP address and not an internal
address, correct?

Also, are you providing DNS or someone else?  Is this domain registered to
you?  I ask that because if it is not, and you are not providing DNS, it may
be resolving to another IP address.  But, since you said it is the same
using an IP address, this should not be the real issue.

I'm not sure this would really have anything to do with it, but, if it was
me, I would not have the two offices on the same subnet.  I'd use
192.168.1for one and
192.168.2 for the other.  It just keeps things a little simpler routing
wise.

On 5/22/06, asterisk at txpe.net <asterisk at txpe.net> wrote:

> Thanks.  I had already tried going into Office B box and change host=
> (office A's IP address), performed iax2 reload, and this did not work
> either.
>
> At 10:51 AM 5/22/2006, you wrote:
> >Don't specify the remote side by name, specify it by IP address.  If
> >asterisk experiences even 1 dns failure it will not try again until
> >a reload/restart/whatever.
> >
> >asterisk at txpe.net wrote:
> >>
> >>SETUP:
> >>OFFICE A: