[Asterisk-Users] Upgrade 7960 from SCCP 3.0 to SIP 7.5

Olivier Krief olivier.krief at gmail.com
Sun May 21 11:38:23 MST 2006

2006/5/21, Greg Oliver <goliver at cistera.com>:

> You have to upgrade to a new version of SCCP or older version of SIP
> before the bootloader on the phone will be able to handle the newer
> firmware.  In the same Cisco page you read the info is there - you can
> either use an older version of SIP first, or a newer version of SCCP..
> Older SIP is probably easier - 6.3 is the newest you can use to then
> jump to 7.x and/or 8.x..
>
> You will need to put this in SEPDefault.cnf (not SIPDefault)
>
> image_version:P0S3-07-5-00  (whatever version you grab)
>
> That will tell it to grab the SIP firmware if it is not using OS79XX.txt
> - I cant remember that far back if it is still used..  Doesn't hurt to
> have both though...
>
> -Greg

In TFTP root directory, I didn't copy P0S30100.bin file as it is wasn't
clear for me from that Cisco page, that I could or not use P0S3-07-5-00 file
instead.

>From what Greg mentioned, I understand that this file is needed to allow
upgrade from SCCP 3.0 to SIP 1.0, and hopefully from SIP 1.0 to SIP 7.5.

I will also rename configuration file from SIPxxx to SEPxxx.

I will provide feedback to the list.
Thanks for all, anyway.