[Asterisk-Users] Upgrade 7960 from SCCP 3.0 to SIP 7.5

Olivier Krief olivier.krief at gmail.com
Sun May 21 05:28:17 MST 2006

Hi,

I can't upgrade an old 7960 from SCCP 3.0 to SIP 7.5.  Could you help ?

From
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml#sccptosip2,
I got the following:

   1.

   Copy the desired binary image from Cisco.com to the root directory of
   the TFTP server.
    2.

   Specify the image in the configuration file image parameter for the
   protocol to which you are converting (load_information for SCCP or
   image_version for SIP).
    3.

   Remove any protocol configuration files that are not used for the
   specified protocol.

Firmware versions are P003F300 (Application Load ID) and PC030300 (Boot Load
ID).
In TFTP root directory, the following files are present:
OS79XX.TXT
P003-07-5-00.bin
P003-07-5-00.sbn
P0S3-07-5-00.bin
P0S3-07-5-00.sbn
P0S3-07-5-00.loads
SIP<MAC Addres>.cnf
SIPDefault.cnf

On boot, I can see in my TFTP logs the phone is served an OS79XX.TXT file
which now holds "P0S3-07-5-00" content.
>From TFTP logs, I can see my phone is then asking for "P0S3-07-.bin" file
which doesn't exist in my TFTP directory.
Next it asked for SEP<MAC Addres>.cnf and SEPDefault.cnf.
Both files don't exist but SIP<MAC Addres>.cnf and SIPDefault.cnf do exist.
In SIPDefault.cnf "image_version=P0S3-07-5-00" is included.
.
When I change P0S3-07-5-00 to P003-07-5-00 in OS79XX.TXT file, it directly
asked SEP<MAC Addres>.cnf and SEPDefault.cnf failing to ask for any .bin
file.

My first question is :

What should be written is OS79XX.TXT if I want to upgrade to SIP ?
P0S3-07-5-00 ?
P0S307500 (with a symbolic link to P0S3-07-5-00 in TFTP root directory) ?
P003-07-5-00 ?

Regards