[Asterisk-Users] Configuring a TDM400P with one FXS port

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Sat May 20 17:33:20 MST 2006

In my attempt to setup a single FXS line I have been following the
instructions for "Telephony Card Drivers" on the asteriskdocs.org site.
I have managed to checkout, make and install the zaptel code and can
load the zaptel module but when I attempt to load the wcfxs module it
tells me:

ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on  channel 1: No such device or address (6)
FATAL: Error running install command for wctdm

On the card the single FXS module is in the position at the back of the
TDM400P (i.e., closest to the connectors)

In the /etc/zaptel.conf file I have put the following at the bottom of
the file:

fxoks=1
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

I have also tried fxoks=4 with the same results other than that the
channel number changes in the message.

Any idea what I am configuring incorrectly ?

Mike