[Asterisk-Users] How to unlock old SCCP Cisco 7960 ?

Olivier Krief olivier.krief at gmail.com
Sat May 20 09:52:54 MST 2006

2006/5/20, Cory Andrews <Cory at voipsupply.com>:

>  Olivier
>

> Complete these steps:
>
>    1.
>
>    Go to the main Date/Time screen.
>
> How do you get to that screen ?
It's crazy but when I plug my phone, the only thing I can see is :
a black strip on top with 2 lines bellow showing :
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Copyright 2000

and clock-icon with "Configuring VLAN" or "Configuring IP" in screen bottom
left

It seems that the phone is frozen in boot sequence or something similar.
It's strange because that phone was fully functionnal months ago.
Is it broken now ?
Is there a hardware reset I could to wake it up ?

Status Message shows "DNS Timeout" (I don't have any DNS server configured)
Network Statistics menu shows "Phone Initialized" (no error mentioned)

and Network Configuration menu is still locked.

>    1.
>
>    Press ***#* to unlock Network Configuration on the phone.
>
> How do you exactly "Press **#" ? Mine remains locked.

Regards