[Asterisk-Users] SPA-1001 behind NAT -> Internet Asterisk box --BOUNTY!

Rajeev Natarajan twogigbox at gmail.com
Sat May 20 02:51:14 MST 2006

This worked for me yesterday:
-----------------------------
Please replace your actual extension number where it says <extensionnumber>
and password in <password>

On asterisk:
[<extensionnumber>]
username=<extensionnumber>
type=friend
secret=<password>
record_out=Adhoc
record_in=Adhoc
qualify=yes
port=5060
nat=yes
mailbox=<extensionnumber>@device
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=from-internal
canreinvite=no

Configuring the SPA 1001
http://ip_of_sipura/admin/advanced
Click on Line 1
NAT Keep alive Enable = yes
Proxy=ip_address_of_asterisk
user id: <extensionnumber>
password:<password>

Submit all changes

Didn't have to do port forwarding on the NAT router or anything.

hope this helps
Rajeev