[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 601 -- programming buttons.

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Fri May 19 08:57:30 MST 2006

Hi Ken, Jerry -

> >> Hi, all.  I want to have a button on my receptionist's 601 that, when
> >> pressed, will forward her current call to a given extension.  Is
> >> there any
> >> way to do that?  I've tried to RTFM, but I'm coming up empty.
>
> Uh - If the OP is trying to transfer an existing call, then he should
> be using transfer not forward. You may not access the forward
> function on a polycom with an active call. Forward will send
> subsequent calls to your specified destination, not existing calls.

Oh, good call, Jerry.  Ken, on second inspection, your wording does
kind of read like you want to transfer a call rather than forward it.
If that's the case, you can do something like the 1st of my
suggestions.  Here's what I do:

1. Enable Blind Transfers in asterisk features.conf (and in your
dialplan), and map to '#'
2. In sip.cfg, remap the Transfer Hard Key to be '#' like this:
    <keys ....  key.IP_600.37.function.prim="DialpadPound" />
3. Map a line key to be a speed dial for the extension you want (see manual).

Then, to actually use it, just press the transfer hard key and the
line appearance that's your speed dial.  It's two button presses, but
I think that's the closest you can come to a single button transfer to
another extension with a Polycom.

- Noah