[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 601 -- programming buttons.

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Fri May 19 06:53:55 MST 2006

Hi Ken -

> Hi, all.  I want to have a button on my receptionist's 601 that, when
> pressed, will forward her current call to a given extension.  Is there any
> way to do that?  I've tried to RTFM, but I'm coming up empty.

There's a couple of ways I can think of that would get this done.

1) For true one-button press for the user, you can map a speed dial to
a line appearance button.  On the asterisk end you'd have to handle
the forward in the dial plan using dbput/dbget and a variable (if
variable is on, dial the "forward" number, if variable is off, dial
the normal number).  I do something like this to enable a nightring
feature.

2) Just use the forward feature on the polycom.  The only disadvantage
is that it's two button presses for the user rather than one.  The
first time when you set it up, you'll have to put in the extension,
but after that you can enable/disable the forward by pressing the same
softkey twice.  This is probably the better answer, and is much easier
for you (requires firmware 1.5.x or later).

- Noah