[Asterisk-Users] Auto Dial Out Madness

Jon Scottorn jscottorn at possibilityforge.com
Thu May 18 09:38:14 MST 2006

Hi All,

    I have been struggling with the auto dial out in asterisk.  I am
trying to get a call to be auto dialed and play back a message once the
line is answered.  So far I have been unsuccessful.
Currently what happens is I have my .call file.  I mv it
into /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing.  The call is initiated and that all
works, my problem is that it does not wait for the line to be answered
before playing the message back.  It immediately after dialing the
number begins playing the message and is done playing it before the
person even answers the phone.
Does anyone know what I can do to get this working.

I want to be able to launch a script from cron that will create
the .call file and mv it into the outgoing directory.  That is all
working currently.  Here is a sample of what my .call file looks like
and what my extensions.conf looks like.

.call

Channel: Zap/3/1234567890
Callerid: 1234567890
MaxRetries: 200
RetryTime: 30
WaitTime: 45
Context: outboundmsg1
Extension: s

extensions.conf ----- snip ---------
[outboundmsg1]
  exten => s,1,AbsoluteTimeout,40
  exten => s,2,DigitTimeout,5
  exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout,10
  exten => s,4,Answer
  exten => s,5,Wait(1)
  exten => s,6,Playback(outboundmsgs/msg1)                   ; "play
outbound msg"
  exten => s,7,Background(outboundmsgs/how_to_ack)     ; "Press 1 to
replay or 2 to acknowledge receiving this message"
  exten =>
1,1,Goto(s,5)                                                       ;
replay message
  exten =>
2,1,Goto(msgack,s,1)                                         ;
acknowledge message

  exten => t,1,Playback(vm-goodbye)
  exten => t,2,Hangup

  exten => T,1,Hangup