[Asterisk-Users] Ringing indication not working as expected

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed May 17 15:06:43 MST 2006

"R" is not a valid Dial option.  "r" is the option you wanted.  HOWEVER,
if you are not hearing ringback, "r" will almost never fixes the issue.

Make sure you have a /etc/asterisk/indications.conf   In some situations
if you do not have that file you will not hear ringback.

Sebastian Kayser wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> are there any caveats regarding ringing indication with Asterisk?
>
> I have got an asterisk installation with a quadBRI driven by BRIstuff.
> Internal phones are various snoms (320 / 360) connected via SIP and
> Idefisk softphones connected via IAX2. Outgoing calls are "routed"
> through the Zap interfaces.
>
> When i set up the action for an external extension as
>
> Dial(Zap/g2/<number>,60,R)
>
> or
>
> Dial(Zap/g2/<number>,60)
>
> and initiate an outgoing call, Asterisk tells me that the called party
> is ringing (Zap/4-1 is ringing) but there is no ringing indicated to the
> calling party. No matter whether the calling party is a snom hardphone
> or an idefisk softphone.
>
> Am i missing something?
>
> asterisk*CLI> show version
> Asterisk 1.2.7.1-BRIstuffed-0.3.0-PRE-1p
>
> - Sebastian

Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
Chattanooga, and Montgomery.