[Asterisk-Users] Ringing indication not working as expected

Sebastian Kayser mls+asterisk-users at skayser.de
Wed May 17 12:59:33 MST 2006

Hi all,

are there any caveats regarding ringing indication with Asterisk?

I have got an asterisk installation with a quadBRI driven by BRIstuff.
Internal phones are various snoms (320 / 360) connected via SIP and
Idefisk softphones connected via IAX2. Outgoing calls are "routed"
through the Zap interfaces.

When i set up the action for an external extension as

Dial(Zap/g2/<number>,60,R)

or

Dial(Zap/g2/<number>,60)

and initiate an outgoing call, Asterisk tells me that the called party
is ringing (Zap/4-1 is ringing) but there is no ringing indicated to the
calling party. No matter whether the calling party is a snom hardphone
or an idefisk softphone.

Am i missing something?

asterisk*CLI> show version
Asterisk 1.2.7.1-BRIstuffed-0.3.0-PRE-1p

- Sebastian