[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi-cm and type of number problem (ToN)

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Tue May 16 12:48:43 MST 2006

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have problems with the ToN configurations in chan_capi-cm. I understand how
> incoming calls are rewritten using national and international prefix. But for
> outgoing calls - what is the ToN?

I never really needed ton in TE mode, but when your card is in NT mode,
setting the ton may be important.

> Further, is there any debug info of the Ton? "capi debug" and the divactrl
> dchannel both show the CLI and CDLI, but do not show the ToN.

The ton is a byte prepended to the callerid and can be seen when looking at
the capi messages. On outgoing call when 'capi debug' is set, the
presentation and ton value is shown as well.

> How can I set the ToN? I suspect chan_capi to use the received ToN also for
> outgoing calls when bridging calls. How can I verify this?

When using a newer Asterisk with cid_ton (I think 1.2.x has them), then
chan-capi will set ton on incoming call and on outgoing call, this value is
used as well. So it is bridged.
Since Asterisk does not provide (as far as I know) a possibility to change
that cid_ton value, chan-capi will overwrite that value with the value in
variable ${CALLERTON}, if set.
When you use the latest chan-capi from trunk (HEAD version), you can use
'capi show channels' to see the ton as well.

Armin