[Asterisk-Users] WiFi VoIP Handsets..

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Tue May 16 06:44:41 MST 2006

I tested out a UTStarcom F1000 that has WEP support. The only problem I
found is that the original firmware dropped calls when roaming between AP's.
It is also hard to hear when in a noise enviroment without an earbur or
headset of some sort. I have been curious about Linksys 2 new offerings and
wether 802.11g support will make any differences.

On 5/16/06, Phil Menico <pmenico at xtend.com> wrote:

> I use the Zyxel wireless SIP phones with Aerospace (now Cisco) APs and
> they work just great. My battery is good for all day. Charge them at
> night. Expensive though.
>
> Got them registering to Asterisk, calling Cisco phones via SIP trunks
> and they sound great.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Phil Menico
> 171 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016