[Asterisk-Users] WiFi VoIP Handsets..

Phil Menico pmenico at XTEND.COM
Tue May 16 06:32:38 MST 2006

I use the Zyxel wireless SIP phones with Aerospace (now Cisco) APs and
they work just great. My battery is good for all day. Charge them at
night. Expensive though.

Got them registering to Asterisk, calling Cisco phones via SIP trunks
and they sound great.

Thank you.

Phil Menico
171 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016
www.xtend.com

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Leo Ann
Boon
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 5:21 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] WiFi VoIP Handsets..

WipeOut wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am investigating getting a wifi VoIP phone because its may be a
> better option than an ATA and a cordless phone..
>
> Does anyone have any experience with the whats out there??

The only phone Senao I tested has a problem when roaming between APs.
There's a very high chance of a call being dropped when crossing from 1
AP to another.

> Do they support things like WPA etc??

not that I know of. Some current phones have been reported to suffer
call quality issues just by turning on basic WEP.

> I have heard the battery life can be a problem.. Is this the case?

about 1+ hrs talk time for the Senao. Standby is only 1 day+.