[Asterisk-Users] Turning AAAH into a call-center

Kevin Savoy ksavoy at novo1.com
Tue May 16 06:28:08 MST 2006

Speaking as one of those call centers we are looking at doing a turn over to
Asterisk from our Nortel systems and are doing it ourselves. We've looked at
a lot of packages from Fonality, Signate, Aheeva and others and none fit our
needs. Each has good aspects but none have all of what we need. Below he
states extensive reporting in QueueMetrics. Yes and no. Extensive but
limited to a few areas. Agent level reporting doesn't go deep enough. There
is no DNIS reporting. In our business that is critical. We have 40 to 50
queues and some queues can have up to 1,000 toll free numbers pointed at it.
Our clients want to know how many calls on each individual toll free and all
the statistics that go with it. Talk time, abandons, thresholds, etc.

The commercial products are fine products but not in depth enough for a
larger call center. We have decided to look into doing it ourselves and
found that it wasn't really that difficult to find all the numbers we
needed. It left me feeling that these companies didn't really spend a lot of
time on reporting as we found all we needed pretty quickly. The previously
stated companies do fine with small call centers or call centers with only a
few clients.

We're having more issues with finding a phone to fit our business then we
are software for Asterisk. I'm disappointed that all these phone
manufacturers have never considered the call center when designing phones.
Nortel and Avaya have phones specifically designed for call centers. They
don't have handsets. Only headsets. Sadly none of the VoIP phones are
designed that way.

Anyways that's my 2 cents on this. (if anyone cares) :)