[Asterisk-Users] Realtime Postgres via ODBC

Sean Cook scook at kinex.net
Mon May 15 13:55:36 MST 2006

I am running  unixODBC to connect to postgres for your realtime data for
things like call forwarding, dnd and have noticed a significant delay
when running the realtime application.  Has anyone else encountered this?

Even from the CLI if I do "realtime load cf_data exten 4501" it lags for
almost 2 full seconds before I get the result set back.

Queries directly to the database from anything else are almost
instantaneous...

In the dial plan...
exten => s,1,RealTime(cf_data,exten,4501,cf_)  <-- this is the point
where it lags...
exten => s,2,GoToIf...

Any tips or suggestions?