[Asterisk-Users] Music on Hold restart at beginning for each call

Tim Sharp TSharp at infoviewsystems.com
Mon May 15 13:04:29 MST 2006

Chris,
I have it working now using Playback but I am looking for a way to reduce the wait time.

The system can hold up to four numbers per each DID number.  When a call comes in the first message says
"Please wait while I attempt to connect you.  At any time during this call you may press 1 to go straight
to voice mail."  And the first of four numbers is dialed.  If the call is not answered then the second
message says "Thank you for your patience.  I am trying an alternate number.  Remember you can always
press 1 to go staight to voice mail."  And the next number is dialed.  This can continue for two more
numbers.  If there is no answer and all numbers have been tried the message "I am sorry I was unable to
locate your party.  I will transfer you to their voice mail."  And the system transfers the call to voice mail.

The best case would be to dial the number while playing the message.  I have this working except that the
sound file is played in a loop when using the m option with dial.  The first call works great, every call after
the message will start where the prior call ended.  I am looking for a way to have the sound file start at the
begining with each call.

Thanks,
Tim