[Asterisk-Users] Dial Command Reference for SIP channel

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun May 14 15:51:18 MST 2006

Doug Lytle wrote:
> Dave Morrow wrote:
>> Hi all.  I was reading a sample config someone had posted relating to
>> call forwarding, and in it, they use a Dial command with components
>> that I cannot find any reference to.
>>
>> Can someone point me to a reference which could explain the difference
>> between Dial(SIP/100|20|Ttr,,wW) and Dial(SIP/100,,wW)
>> Specifically, what is the |20|Ttr ?  I cannot seem to find any
>> reference which would indicate this is even a valid format for the SIP
>> channel.
>>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Dial

Or "show application dial" in the Asterisk CLI.

Dial(SIP/100|20|Ttr,,wW) is NOT a valid Dial command.  In Asterisk a "|"
is the same as a ",".  In fact "," is translated into a "|" internally,
as you can see by watching the CLI.

--
Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
Chattanooga, and Montgomery.