[Asterisk-Users] Confused !

Mohammad Salaque msalaque at gmail.com
Sun May 14 01:27:39 MST 2006

thanks for your replay,

after i disallow all codec except g723 i also confused how a2billing
is working then what i did , i removed all the codec from
/usr/lib/astersik/module without codec_g723.so .

then i saw in my log while user calling to my ivr access number a2b is
looking for gms codec as all the audio file is in gsm format. but what
my understanding was it should drop the connection as i only allow
g723 .

what is found today from one of my frnd telling me that actual
bandwidth calculation

"
For codec g723 incoming and g723 outgoing we need: 48.89kbps
For codec g723 incoming and g711 outgoing we need: 114.03kbps

So, to run 8 calls we will require 902.15 kbps or 0.9 mbps
For 10 calls we need 1140.3 kbps or 1.1mbps

Each call has RTP, UDP, IP, Codec and SIP overhead.
"

so what u guys suggest , should i record all my ivr file in g723
format all . increase my bandwidth!

/Salaque

On 5/14/06, AR Tarzi <artarzi at batelco.com.bh> wrote:
> Unless "reinviting" works, wouldn't that add up to what he's experiencing ?
> client <-> asterisk <-> service provider.. makes that 180k each connection
>
> so 4 of them would give 800k or so.
>
> What I can't understand is: if only g723 is allowed, and Asterisk only
> allows it as passthrough, how's the A2billing IVR working ? I have to assume
> G711 (ulaw or alaw) is used.

Got my Gmail ?