[Asterisk-Users] Confused !

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sat May 13 16:00:31 MST 2006

AR Tarzi wrote:
> Unless "reinviting" works, wouldn't that add up to what he's experiencing ?
> client <-> asterisk <-> service provider.. makes that 180k each connection
>
> so 4 of them would give 800k or so.
>
> What I can't understand is: if only g723 is allowed, and Asterisk only
> allows it as passthrough, how's the A2billing IVR working ? I have to
> assume G711 (ulaw or alaw) is used.

It won't work unless you convert ALL audio prompts and files used by
Asterisk into G723.1 using some other piece of software.  Of course,
since Asterisk does not have access to the actual audio stream it can't
insert audio telling the person their account is low.

--
Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
Chattanooga, and Montgomery.