[Asterisk-Users] How to determine if a device is in a call

Carl Youngblood carl at youngbloods.org
Fri May 12 12:41:09 MST 2006

Thanks to everyone who responded.  I was able to modify the freepbx
paging code to use something like the suggested macro and it worked
well.  For those who may be interested, the following Page macro works
for Linksys SPA942 phones:

[macro-page];
;
; Paging macro:
;
; Check to see if SIP device is in use and DO NOT PAGE if they are
;
; ${ARG1} - Device to page
exten => s,1,ChanIsAvail(${ARG1}|js) ; j is for dump and s is for ANY call
exten => s,2,Set(__SIPADDHEADER=Call-Info: \;answer-after=0)
exten => s,3,Set(__ALERT_INFO=Ring Answer)
exten => s,4,Set(__SIP_URI_OPTIONS=intercom=true)
exten => s,5,SIPAddHeader(Call-Info: \;answer-after=0) ; This is for
the Snoms and Others
exten => s,6,Dial(${ARG1}||)
exten => s,7,Hangup
exten => s,102,Hangup