[Asterisk-Users] Echo cancel: chan_misdn vs bristuff? HFC card vs expensive card?

Cosmin Prund cosmin at adicomsoft.ro
Fri May 12 04:25:44 MST 2006

Woodoo People .pGa! wrote:
>> I've got a HFC ISDN card that I'm using with chan_misdn and it basically
>> behaves like crap. Echo is waaay worst then echo I get TDM400 card,
>> sound is "choppy" (there other side is allays complaining about sound
>> interruptions) and to top it all it detects fake DTMF's all the time.
>>
>> Is this a chan_misdn problem or is it a card problem? I really need to
>> get this fix and I need to know the way to go. I don't want to throw
>> money at a better card if the card is not the issue but if that's the
>> only solution, I'll need to order the card ASAP!
>>

> i'm using 1port (billion bipac), quad and octoBRI cards from beronet.
> all of them working nice, beronet recommend to use kernel 2.6.12+ and
> asterisk 1.2.x and also newest misdn-mqueue from www.beronet.com

Seeing the names on this list I realize I've tried lots and lots of
different things. I'm running kernel 2.6.15.11 so I'm above 12.
Unfortunately the latest misdn-mqueue does not compile on my system, it
issues all sorts of blah-blah that I'm interpreting in only one way:
there's a problem with the parameters the Makefile passes to the
compiler (the .h files where the error manifests itself are part of
Asterisk and compile fine when compiled with Asterisk itself).

Those are the errors I get:

./create_config.sh "/usr/include"
Checking Asterisk version...
* found 'struct ast_channel_tech'
* found 'ast_bridged_channel'
* found 'ast_bridge_result'
* found bridge with timeoutms
* ast_dsp_process() without 'needlock'
* found 'struct ast_callerid'
* found 'struct timeval delivery'
* found 'transfercapability'
* found 'ast_config_load'
* found 'AST_CONTROL_HOLD'
* found 'devicestate.h'
* found 'strings.h'
* no 'type' in ast_channel
* found stringfield in ast_channel
config.h complete.
gcc -pipe -fPIC -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -g
-I/usr/include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6 -march=i686
-Wno-missing-prototypes -Wno-missing-declarations -DCRYPTO   -c -o
chan_capi.o chan_capi.c
In file included from /usr/include/asterisk/utils.h:36,
                from /usr/include/asterisk/cdr.h:48,
                from /usr/include/asterisk/channel.h:113,
                from chan_capi.c:23:
/usr/include/asterisk/strings.h:264: error: syntax error before
"__extension__"
/usr/include/asterisk/strings.h:264: error: syntax error before ';' token
/usr/include/asterisk/strings.h:264: error: `__len' undeclared here (not
in a function)
/usr/include/asterisk/strings.h:264: error: initializer element is not
constant
/usr/include/asterisk/strings.h:264: error: syntax error before "if"
/usr/include/asterisk/strings.h:264: error: redefinition of '__retval'
/usr/include/asterisk/strings.h:264: error: previous definition of
'__retval' was here
/usr/include/asterisk/strings.h:264: error: syntax error before "const"
/usr/include/asterisk/strings.h:264: error: syntax error before '}' token
/usr/include/asterisk/strings.h:280: error: conflicting types for 'strtoq'