[Asterisk-Users] please help

ravi reddy mravikreddy at gmail.com
Thu May 11 23:57:58 MST 2006

Hello all,

 Iam using this Asterisk server since three weeks and i have to clarify some
thing about Asterisk
                 here is my problem Iam trying to use my Asterisk as a
gateway to pstn and SER as a proxy and redirection server so,here in SER i
had added three or four  users by using the command serctl add ,and whem i
check in mysql database i can view these list of people which i registered
here in SER
         so do i need those people to register again in ASterisk or the ser
just look in the database and make rtp sessions when call is being made .Iam
not able to get the point here clearly

          If for example i want to forward only pstn calls to asterisk and
remaining all sip sessions will made by SER .just configuring in SER works,
because asterisk is non stateless server and we will register peers using
domain as well as ip address but in SER we will register peer only by giving
serctl add name password e-mail
but there is no ip address to bind ,so here caller can call from any place
using the username and password it works? or not.?
                     and if i want to add more than name password
e-mail i.e like
username etc.. how i have to enter in to the database or is there serctl
command to make this work ....
                  May be my doubts here very fun to most of professionals in
Asterisk even then please try to help me .. so that  I can  move further in
ASTERISK and  SER
integration with purpose .

                                         Thank You.

Regards ,