[Asterisk-Users] FW: Voicemail problem, not playing back

Dan Elder isbeen at izmedia.com
Thu May 11 13:52:47 MST 2006

Following up with some more tests... I just left a message in a voicemail
box, and got the same behaviour (i.e. it says its starting to play ('First
Message') then it goes to the VM ending menu (i.e. press 7 to delete)
without playing the message. On this particular test.. I went ahead & left a
2nd VM in the inbox, then when I went to check them, they would both play
properly...

The CLI doesn't seem to show any errors, it simply says:

    -- Playing 'vm-review' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-INBOX' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-and' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-first' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-message' (language 'en')
  == Parsing '/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/217/INBOX/msg0000.txt':
Found
    -- Playing 'vm-advopts' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-review' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-repeat' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-delete' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-reachoper' (language 'en')
    -- Playing 'vm-toforward' (language 'en')

When trying to check vm...

Anyone else seen this behaviour? We havent' made any changes to the server
in months & I'm only now getting these reports.

Thanks as always!

Dan