[Asterisk-Users] ISDN Bridging with Bristuff

Olivier Krief olivier.krief at gmail.com
Wed May 10 15:01:08 MST 2006

Hello,

I tried to read Bristuff source code to understand the way calls are bridged from one BRI port to another (as HFC cards have "active channel switching capability").
Doing so I looked at zaphfc.c file which seems to be the only .c file constituting bristuff but I may be wrong I'm far from being an expert on this.

I found 4 functions (hfc_btrans, hfc_brec, hfc_dtrans, hfc_drec) which obviously deal with B or D ISDN channels transmission and receiving but I couldn't find anything coming close to   misdn_lib_bridge   function you can find in chan_misdn.c file from 1.2 Asterisk source code.

My questions are :
1. Where can I find Asterisk-type (http://www.asterisk.org/doxygen/main.html) doc on bristuff ?
2. Which function in a bristuffed-Asterisk would trigger Active channel switching ?

Regards