[Asterisk-Users] ISDN and Asterisk

Woodoo People .pGa! wpeople at Shadow.microsystem.hu
Wed May 10 11:10:44 MST 2006

> On Wednesday 10 May 2006 16:02, Woodoo People .pGa! wrote:
> > Straight cable for TE mode and Xover for NT mode
> > you have to make a call, than L1 should go up
>
> I connected the card to ISDN provider's equipment via crossover cable, but
> portinfo report:
>
> Port  1: TE-mode BRI S/T interface line (for phone lines)
>  -> Protocol: DSS1 (Euro ISDN)
>  -> Layer 4 protocol 0x04000001 is detected, but not allowed for TE lib.
>  -> childcnt: 2
>  * Port NOT useable for PBX
>
> What is not useable for PBX, the ISDN line or my ISDN card?
>
> hfcpci is loaded with this command:
>
> modprobe hfcpci layermask=0x3 protocol=0x32 type=0x01

if misdn show stacks displays something, usually the driver install is successful.
as i have said TE (Terminal Equipment) mode you have to use straight cable,
and if your card is NT (and another is TE) you have to use isdn cross cable
(3 to 6 and 4 to 5) to connect with.
So generally use straight cable to the 'wall' (Network Terminal)
and cross cable (or jumper to NT mode if your card supports) to another
Equipment (like PBX)

--
WoodOO-[P]an[G]alaktikan[A]gent-People <][> http://shadow.pganet.com
wpeople at shadow.pganet.com]iCQ#33118021[wpeople.on.iRCNet]wpeople at RedHat.users