[Asterisk-Users] One sided call

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Wed May 10 09:47:10 MST 2006

I am having problem diagnosing a call problem. On both a Cisco phone and a
Linksys 942 I am only getting one side of the call when connected over a WAN
link or internet connection. I have set nat=yes and qualify in sip.conf and
the phone registers fine. I can hear the other end, but they do not hear
anything, no voice or dtmf. I found a tip about changing the RTP rate from
.03 to .02 on Sipura phones to match Asterisk rate and did that. I also made
sure the RTP range for the phone and the server was set to 10000 thru 20000.
These phones work fine when on the same subnet as the server. The server
shows the following message:

NOTICE[24975]: rtp.c:330 process_rfc3389: Comfort noise support incomplete
in Asterisk (RFC 3389). Please turn off on client if possible. Client IP:
192.168.10.56

But I have silence suppresion off on the linksys phone.

--
Bruce
Nortex Networks