[Asterisk-Users] asterisk management interface

Alejandro Vargas alejandro.anv at gmail.com
Wed May 10 04:51:02 MST 2006

2006/5/8, Senad Jordanovic <senad at bicom.us>:
> > Why would you need to create your own?
>
> Many reasons:
>
> 1. not relying on already busy open source developers

Free projects are getting better that closed ones because the
programmers don't need to re-invent the weel. Yo don't need to relay
on another developper. You can become one of them and introduce
improvements like them instead of starting from the beginning.

If they don't accept your improvements, you can start a fork. It
always will be better than starting from nothing and dealing with
problems that are already solved.

> 2. creating something that you can possibly offer as your own commercial
> offering

You can make commercial offerings with open source/gpl software. If
you don't beleave this, look at Digium and many others.

> 3. have it designed exactly they way you want it from ground up

If you think you have a better idea than the other projects that do
the same thing (amp in example), and you think they can't be modified
for implementing your idea, I think it may be a good reasong from
starting a new project.

> 4. have a lot fun with it (and headaches :) )

You also can have fun colaborating with other people.

--
Alejandro Vargas