[Asterisk-Users] MySQL replication for voicemail

Gary Reuter gary.reuter at gmail.com
Tue May 9 11:47:37 MST 2006

On 5/9/06, Damon Estep <damon at suburbanbroadband.net> wrote:
> I had similar concerns, but wanted to get a feel for what others are
> experiencing.

The extra overhead shouldn't really be a problem on a decent machine,
especially with a ramdisk-bask voicemail spool.

> The goal is to be able to extend our web portal to be able to
> view/listen/delete VM without having to put the load on the * box.

I have mysql database (realtime and voicemail storage), web, and ftp
(provisioning) on a seperate machine from asterisk.  Rewrote the
vmail.cgi in PHP and everything works fine.

> Already using realtime mysql for VM config.

I had to make asterisk use ODBC for everything when I converted to
ODBC message storage.  res_odbc and res_mysql wouldn't co-exist.
There's a php script on the wiki to load up your voicemessage table
with any messages currently on disk...