[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk/Zaptel 64-bit?

Woodoo People .pGa! wpeople at Shadow.microsystem.hu
Tue May 9 11:38:59 MST 2006

> > Thank for your reply and advice, Patrick. The reason I didn't add a
> > RAID1 to the server was that I am not sure if RAID1 on SATA II is
> > stable on FC5 yet and also since the HDD isn't hotswap (at least i
> > don't think SATA HDD can hotswap).  There will always be a downtime
> > for me.
>
> I don't know the stability of software RAID1 with SATA either. In spite
> of having to take the box down to replace one of the broken disks, you
> can do it at a time that suits you/your customers best. I think you can
> also add a third disk that will act as a hot spare.

there are already exist SATA hotswap cages, so hotswapping is not a problem
if you are using a hotswap compatible controller.
If you are thinking in low budget, i recommend whole spare server :-)
if not, try something with spare everything :-) (disk,ps,ram,cpu)
--
WoodOO-[P]an[G]alaktikan[A]gent-People <][> http://shadow.pganet.com
wpeople at shadow.pganet.com]iCQ#33118021[wpeople.on.iRCNet]wpeople at RedHat.users