[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk/Zaptel 64-bit?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue May 9 01:01:25 MST 2006

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 02:39:34PM +0800, Kenige Ho wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-05-09 at 02:03 +0800, Kenige Ho wrote:
> >> I was wondering will there be any problems or changes that I will need
> >> to do to compile the current
> >> Asterisk(1.2.7)/Zaptel(1.2.5)/Libpri(1.2.2) source from
> >> www.asterisk.org into a 64-bit binaries?  I am currently using the
> >> following hardware for my new server.
> >>
> >> OS: Fedore Core 5
> >
> >Although I don't have any experience with your particular hardware,
> >afaik there is no issue with building and running zaptel, libpri and
> >asterisk on x86_64 hardware. Works fine for many. You can find (S)RPMs
> >at http://atrpms.net and at http://www.laimbock.com/asterisk/

> Also for the zaptel driver and sources, I prefer to a compile on it rather
> than rpm install.  So I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't encounter any
> problems with a compile and don't want to waste my hardware
> purchase.

It would help if you would at least test the 64 bit packages. And if
you find a flaw and report it, you'll improve them and give back
something to the community that way (and receive back community
karma :).

BTW in case you encounter any 64 bits issue (unlikely, but still
possible) you can verifiy it's 54 vs 32 bits by installing the 32 bit
packages that are known to be well working (you can't do that with
zaptel, though).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net