[Asterisk-Users] MySQL replication for voicemail

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon May 8 12:12:46 MST 2006

Hi Josh -

> Another approach you may want to consider for data redundancy that
> does not rely on MySQL's finicky replication stuff is DRBD. Think of it
> as RAID-1 across Ethernet. I have used it in production on some VERY
> busy (> 1200 qps) MySQL servers for a couple years with no problems.

I would very much welcome not having to use a MySQL's replication
(sorry to all you MySQL geeks)!  I've read up a little on DRBD before,
but I've avoided it in this particular application because of a few
questions I had about it:

1) Does it work over slow-ish links? In this case, I'm going over WAN
links to offices around the country.
2) Can it do two-way replication?
3) Can it do N-way replication (i.e. multiple slaves)?  We have
several offices offices that I'd like to have the replicated info.

Thanks!
Noah