[Asterisk-Users] MySQL replication for voicemail

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon May 8 09:17:13 MST 2006

Hi Gary -

> I have voicemessage ODBC storage working and MySQL replicating,
> but I didn't setup the replication after-the-fact, therefore didn't need the
> 'LOAD DATA FROM MASTER'.   You may want to try a different method
> (more manual) of synching your machines.

Yes, I've been reading about some errors with LOAD DATA FROM MASTER
that might not get fixed until after 5.1 is released.  Yikes!  I'll
take your advice and move a mysqldump of the info over to the slaves,
and manually set the replication points.

> Does your voicemessages table contain specially large messages?
> The errors you get don't suggest this, but the only change I had to make
> was to increase the maximum packet size -- it was 1M by default and I
> changed it to 16M.

Aha.  I didn't even know there was such a setting.  I'm sure there
will come a time when someone leaves a message larger than 1M.

Thanks!
Noah