[Asterisk-Users] duration / billsec problem

Juan Pablo Abuyeres jpabuyer at tecnoera.com
Mon May 8 07:43:52 MST 2006

hi guys,

I am experiencing some problems with cdr. I have a provider with whom I
am connected with SIP. I use asterisk (of course), they use cisco.
Sometimes when I make a call, my asterisk is logging the call like this:

Disposition: Answered
Duration: 13
Billsec: 0

When in fact the call lasted about 1900 seconds of billsec.
Some other times my cdr records are just fine and log everything ok. Out
of 10 test calls from the same telephone to the very same destination,
not changing anything, about 50% of the calls are getting logged wrong
on my cdr.

What could it be?
Is there a clever way to debug this problem? I tried with "sip debug ip
x.x.x.x" but there are other calls with this provider and I just get
tons of (to me) useless debug text. I think there must be an easier way
to debug that I am not aware of..

Thank you.

JP