[Asterisk-Users] AstLinux 0.4 Released - with build system

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Mon May 8 07:29:50 MST 2006

Hello Everyone,

	After many months (and seemingly no updates), I am happy to announce
AstLinux 0.4.

	AstLinux 0.4 was built with the new AstLinux build system.  The
AstLinux build system is based off of buildroot2 and includes everything
you need to build AstLinux (and more).  It is very simple to get
started, but powerful enough to add your own applications, patches,
kernel options/modules, target architectures, boot devices, etc.

	I am currently looking for people to help add applications.  While I
have been very picky about what gets included in AstLinux, I am much
more flexible about what gets added to the build system.  I am hoping to
add at least the following:

- mysql
- perl
- unixodbc
- postgres
- rx_fax, tx_fax (spandsp)
- chan_misdn
- BRIStuff
- SER

	If you have any other ideas or are willing to help, please sign up to
the AstLinux mailing lists at http://lists.kriscompanies.com and post
your thoughts!

	As of right now, with only a few commands you can build a bootable
AstLinux CF image or ISO.

	With the advances of the new build system, I have also released
AstLinux 0.4.0.  There have been numerous updates, including:

- Asterisk Native Sounds (g729, ulaw) now included in the base image
- based off of uclibc for a reduction in memory footprint
- Asterisk 1.2..7.1, Zaptel 1.5, and libpri 1.2.2
- Wifi support.  Everyone that has wanted to add WIFI support to their
Soekris, this is your chance!  Support for madwifi and all drivers in
the kernel tree
- Speaking of kernel, upgrade to 2.6.16.12
- Soekris/PC Engines (SC1100) performance improvements.  I include NAPI
support for the natsemi ethernet driver.  This should reduce CPU usage
and improve throughput dramatically.
- Now includes microperl (limited version of perl)
- WRAP Error LED support
- SNMP support (client, server, and traps)
- Booting from USB is back on i586

	As always, you can find out more about both at http://www.astlinux.org.

Thanks!

--