[Asterisk-Users] gxp-2000 Asterisk PSTN

Shaun Hofer shaun.hofer at altcall.com
Mon May 8 00:29:30 MST 2006

Hi,
I have Grandstream GXP-2000 connected to Asterisk, and Asterisk has trunk to
VSP for PSTN calls. When ever I place local PSTN call, the landline doesn't
hang up right away (40 sec), when I hang up the GXP-2000. The GXP-2000 seems
to have problems making international calls as well. Where it hangs up soon
as the other party picks up. I have used different IP phones, VSP's and etc.
and they work.

The following table best shows what works and what doesn't:
SPA941           -> Asterisk     -> Orignal VSP (PSTN)           OK
GXP-2000       -> Asterisk     ->Different VSP (PSTN)          OK
GXP-2000       -> Orignal VSP (PSTN)                                 OK
GXP-2000       -> Asterisk     -> Orignal VSP (PSTN            The 2 Problems
occur

It seems to be the combination of the 3 that does it. If any one could shed
some light on what is happening, would be great help.

Thanks in advance

-Shaun