[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: Voicemail error

David L. West nntp at deskoptional.com
Sat May 6 14:36:06 MST 2006

> Do you have lowercase on sip.conf and uppercase on voicemail.conf?

The conf files are all lowercase.  I didn't want to change those for fear of
finding other case-related issues in the extension handling logic, so for
this test I just hard-set ARG1 to "STEPHANY.TOMAN" in the stdexten macro.
Further fooling around with case shows that some parts of Asterisk care,
some don't.

I'm therefore inclined to keep everything lowercase, and just convert to
uppercase inside whatever function exhibits problems.  Only trouble with
that is it seems nobody has written a good uppercase/lowercase function for
Asterisk yet.  Amazing.