[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail error

David L. West nntp at deskoptional.com
Sat May 6 13:26:50 MST 2006

I (sometimes) get this error message:

WARNING[17191]: app_voicemail.c:2411 leave_voicemail: No entry in voicemail config file for 'irstname.lastname'

I can see the value of the argument is "firstname.lastname" when this line executes in the std-exten macro:

exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Voicemail(u${ARG1})  ; If unavailable...

But the error message drops the first character.  It doesn't happen for every extension, just some of them.  I haven't figured out what distinguishes those that cause the error; tried it with ids containing periods and ones without, and that doesn't seem to be it.

If I login as one of the affected users and try to run VoiceMailMain, I get this:

WARNING[17538]: app_voicemail.c:5006 vm_authenticate: Unable to read password

User "stephany.toman" exhibits this behavior, while "nakya.west" does not.  Both are defined exactly that way in sip.conf, with mailbox= their usernames, and entries in voicemail.conf to match.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.