[Asterisk-Users] Gigabit Ethernet with multiple VLAN's or Fast Ehternet and with two separate cards?

Cosmin Prund cosmin at adicomsoft.ro
Sat May 6 02:56:04 MST 2006

Hello everyone.

What's better for Asterisk: have 2 distinct 100Mb network cards in the
system, one on the "internet" and one on the "local net" OR have one
1000Mb network card with 2 separate VLAN's set up? It's a difficult
decision because 2 cards are using 2 IRQ's etc but a single 1000Mb card
might generate more PCI interrupts and get me into different kinds of
problems.

I'm leaning towards the gigabit card because my switch supports it and
I've seen no references to problems caused by a gigabit card + tdm400 etc.
Any ideas?

Thanks!