[Asterisk-Users] Realtime, 2 server setup problem?

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Fri May 5 07:34:58 MST 2006

All, we're running realtime and ast 1.2.7.1 stable. The problem I'm
having is when you register a SIP device on ServerA, works fine, sip
show peer works fine. When you dial the SIP device from ServerB however,
it tries to dial, even does a MySQL query like it should but comes back
saying no route to dest.

When I do a 'sip show peer ..' on ServerB, the peer comes back fine, it
even shows all the proper fields listed in the database (ie, codec, dtmf
mode, etc). However, the IP address field is coming back as
"unspecified".

Now, naturally I ensured server time was acurate with NTP for starters.
This was to avoid the registration appearing as EXPIRED on ServerB.

Sip.conf snippet (same on ServerA and ServerB)

rtcachefriends=yes
rtupdate=yes
rtautoclear=yes
rtignoreexpire=yes

So, as you can all see it's most importantly caching the peer and
updating MySQL. And yes if you do a 'realtime load sipusers name
PEERNAME', it shows the ipaddr field with the correct value.

Is there something obvious I am missing? I googled this to death and
cannot find anyone with a similar issue. I remember running into this
issue in the past and quite frankly am unsure if it has *ever* worked.

Thanks in advance,

	Matt Schulte