[Asterisk-Users] Re: meetme conference latency degrades...

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu May 4 04:27:45 MST 2006

In article <005d01c66f51$0b68ced0$037ba8c0 at kite>,
Chris Stenton <jacs at gnome.co.uk> wrote:
> This is a known problem and it does not matter what zaptel timer you use. A
> solution is available in  'svn head' by using
>
> asterisk.conf
> internal_timing = yes
>
> OR
> Enable internal timing support (-I)
>
> on the command line. I don't know if this has been backported to the stable
> branch.

It hasn't, specifically, but the required changes are not large, and it is
easy to apply the changes by hand; I do.

Go to http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5374 and download the last
asynchronous patch, 2005-10-04-3-asynchronous.patch

Then apply it by hand to channel.c, and also to app_milliwatt.c and app_sms.c
if you happen to be using those applications. I don't think the app_chanspy.c
patch is required any more.

Cheers
Tony
--