[Asterisk-Users] Running applications when a queued callisanswered

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Wed May 3 18:57:51 MST 2006

> Yes.  I'd like to do something like:
>
>     Ringing()
>     SendURL(http://example.com/${EXTEN}.html)
>     SayDigits(${EXTEN})
>     Wait(5)
>
> That's close to what you suggest, but Asterisk on its own announces
> first then sends the URL with no wait, so the agent is left scrambling
> to see who the call is for as the Web page and the call come at the
> same time.  Also SayDigits() sounds much nicer than what I can get
> with Festival creating a WAV file.
>
> > That can also be done, but it is not as simple.
>
> If you could point me in the right direction, that would be very
> helpful; I don't expect any handholding, but I'm not seeing how to get
> ahold of the channel to the agent after they've answered but before
> the caller is transferred there.
>
> Thanks!  By the way, your first message did answer my original
> question, but I've learned more about Asterisk in the meantime and my
> expectations have gone up.  :-)

That's the problem with Asterisk, You learn and then you expect more!!

Basically what you have to do is the following:

Using the Local channel,

Start a .call file that calls the agent that is available
	This file will place the agent into a context that plays all the
information you need

While the above is going on, the caller via the local channel is made to
wait, either by MusicOnHold or Wait.

One the agent reaches the end of the context they were put in (after
messages are played,etc.) use the Bridge
(http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5841) function to tie both channels
together, Caller / Agent.