[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P and monoBRI auto-dial call difference: caller phone does not ring

picciuX matteo at picciux.it
Thu May 4 03:17:24 MST 2006

hi giorgio...

when i said "ring the calling phone first" I mean using a .call file!
I think now you are doing, in your .call files, something like this:

Channel: Zap/2/3391818250 or mISDN/1/3391818250/s
and the rest to send this channel to the "calling phone".
This way, you have to wait the dial-out channel to be answered before
connect it to the "calling phone". The fact that it works with TDM400 is
only due to the fact that analog lines don't support call progress, so the
call appears "answered" as soon as the fxo channel starts dialing out. With
digital lines, instead, the channel is answered only when the remote party
"pickups" the handset, that is correct. You will find same beaviour if you
dial a voip line.
But, if you make your .call to connect to the "calling phone" first, then
the call will go out ONLY when the calling party pickups! Which is correct!
By the way, doing like you do, you could have a situation where the remote
party (33918....) pickups an incoming call and hears a ringing tone waiting
the "calling phone" to answer.

Don't know if I make it clear... anyway... you're italian i think... if you
want we can talk more about that privately, and in italian!

Bye

picciuX