[Asterisk-Users] Running applications when a queued call is answered

Scott Gifford sgifford at suspectclass.com
Wed May 3 16:44:34 MST 2006

"Alexander Lopez" <Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com> writes:

> Use the Local channel and add the agents using that IE:
>
> Member Local/3772 at extensions-context

Thanks Alexander,

That works, but it's backwards.  That is, when I give a command like:

    SayDigits(${EXTEN})

it says it to the caller, not the agent.  Is there a way to make this
work the other way around, so I can ring the agent's phone, send
things to the agent's phone (like announcements or URLs), then when
I'm done connect the agent to the caller?

Thanks!

----Scott.

> Snip
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm experimenting with Asterisk for possible use in a call center.
>> I'm trying to figure out how to run applications when an agent answers
>> a call in the queue.

[...]