[Asterisk-Users] SIP w/NAT on Grandstream 496 and Call-Waiting

Dave Wise asterisk at agcllc.net
Wed May 3 12:14:39 MST 2006

Hello All;
I have a Grandstream 496 ATA and it is behind a NAT Router.  The phone
service works well, but it is setup to support Call-Waiting, which it
does not do.  When I am on the phone and someone calls, instead of
getting a ring, they go straight to Voicemail with the busy message.  I
used Ethereal to watch what happens and I notice a SIP Redirect 3XX.  Is
this normal?  Does anyone know if Call-Waiting will work behind a NAT
router (with a Stun Server)?