[Asterisk-Users] Re: How is Teliax ?

Azfhasterisk azfhasterisk at qwest.net
Fri Mar 31 23:52:58 MST 2006

I would not ride on a tracert too much. We use Teliax also and our ISP that
we have at the data center switched there backbones around the same time
Teliax where doing there upgrades.

We started seeing some call issues and when we did a tracert we started
getting some dropped tracert responses on our ISP new backbone(Time Warner)
when our ISP investigated it Time Warner responded that tracerts get a VERY
low priority on their routers and that is why we where seeing these drops.

Once Teliax did whatever their last change was fixed all of our issue and we
have not see any call issue in the last 2-3 weeks. Still see drops on the
traces. I would look more at the latency and for dropped packets if you do a
continues ping with setting the size to something other then default and see
if you get any dropped packets or high latency.