[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Hylafax, on the same box

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Fri Mar 31 06:46:18 MST 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Mike wrote:
> Armin,
>
> Thanks a lot for the very detailed answer.  I'll have to take a long look at
> the CAPI interfaces and see how I can pull all this off, it's all very new
> to me, but at least I understand that with an Eicon card, I could share a T1
> between Asterisk and Hylafax.  I'm not clear on whether I could receive fax
> and voice on the same DID though (if its Fax, Hylafax takes care of it, if
> its voice, Asterisk does)...

Fax and voice on the same DID is not possible when using a second
application like hylafax. Because how should the two applications decide
which one accepts the call?

But you can receive faxes with chan-capi (when you have an Eicon can with
DSPs which does fax-processing on board). Here you can use the dialplan to
decide what to do with the call.
I do this in a company (OpenPBX in that case, but it's the same), I receive
faxes via CAPI and sending is done with another application.

Armin