[Asterisk-Users] Connecting a Grandstream Handytone 486 to Asterisk

Ralf Mueller prolinux at consultant.com
Thu Mar 30 09:02:34 MST 2006

Hello,

I bought a Grandstream Handytone 486 to forward incoming calls from our old analogue PBX to the asterisk server.

My first test was connecting an analogue phone to the Handytone and calling a sip phone - worked.
Now I used the same cable to connect the line port of the Handytone to the analogue pbx. When I call the number of the analogue PBX I
hear a clicking inside, but the call doesn't get forwarded to asterisk. I used tcpdump to see whether the Handytone sends
data packages at all, but it doesn't.
Unfortunately the Grandstream support didn't answer my support request. Does someone of you know how to connect the Handytone to the asterisk server, maybe I need a special cable?

Thanks for any hints,

Ralf