[Asterisk-Users] asterisk doesn't wait for whole extension

Sebastian Reitenbach itlistuser at rapideye.de
Thu Mar 30 07:01:27 MST 2006

Hi,

maybe a dumb question, but it seems that some calls are directed to our
central dial in number despite the extensions the callers say they dialled.
E.g. they dial 1234-567, asterisk recognizes 12345, it says this is an unknown
extension, where it is right, and redirects the call to the central dial in
extension 1234-0. This only seems to happen when the numbers are dialled
manually. When I try the same dialling with my mobile, it sends the whole
number as one block, 1234567 and the correct end device with the extension is
ringing. Is there a timer that can be programmed to tell asterisk to wait
until it recognizes the number? Or is there a way to tell asterisk that the
extensions are all three digits long, so that it will wait the time until the
whole extension was dialled?

kind regards
Sebastian